The 5K course is an out-and-back, the majority on a lightly traveled, paved, two-lane county road.
Your hard work going up the steady climb for the first half of the race will be rewarded with a super-fast second half as you sprint back to the library. After you pass through the finish arch in the library parking lot, cool off your feet in the Mancos River.
There will be a port-a-potty at roughly the halfway point and an aid station at the turnaround stocked with water and Tailwind Endurance.
Turn by turn directions:
- Head south on Mesa Street from Mancos Public Library parking lot.
- In two blocks, turn left on Road J and head east.
- At the four-way stop, turn right on Road 41.
- Head south on Road 41 approximately .8 miles.
- Turn left on Road H.25. Continue east .5 miles to the turnaround.
- Reverse the route to return to the library.