THANK YOU AND SEE YOU IN 2021
The Mancos Public Library would like to thank the following MCHM sponsors who donated their sponsorships to the library this year:
- Alpacka Raft
- Danny and BJ Pierce
- Deer Hill Expeditions
- Mancos Friends of the Library
- Breitenbach Chiropractic
- The Mancos River Studio
- Katherine Dobson, Independent Broker
- The Dolores State Bank
- First National Bank in Cortez
- Absolute Bakery and Café
- Bank of Colorado.
We would also like to acknowledge the following racers who donated their race registrations to the library: Scott Baadte, Steve Koundouriotis, Ray Hatch, Ken Homme, Jan Nelson, Julie Christy, Emily Hunter, Sara Carver, Jennifer Adams, Robert Clayton, Heather Ireland, Erick Ireland, Thomas Hutchins, Sammy James, and Chris Holkestad.
Thank you all for your continued support, we look forward to seeing your bright shiny faces in 2021. In the meantime, train hard and have fun!
Update 5/7/2020: 2020 MCHM canceled
Hello MCHM runners,
It is with much sadness that the MCHM race committee has decided to cancel the 7th annual Mancos Cowboy Half Marathon, 5K and Fun Run this year. With so much uncertainty about the COVID-19 virus and the overwhelming logistics of how to organize a race with social distancing guidelines, we’ve decided to put our energy into next year’s race which will be determined at a later date. We’re all disappointed as we wanted nothing but a fun day of running in our beautiful town but we need everyone to be safe and feel that this is the best decision with the information we have currently on this pandemic.
Options for your race registration:
- Donate your entry fee. It is currently unclear the overall impact that COVID-19 will have on library funding, but it is clear we need your support now more than ever. We are adjusting to our current circumstances and working hard to provide "socially distant" services in our new situation. A donation to the library will help sustain operations and allow us to continue to offer high quality materials, programs, and services to the Mancos community.
- Rollover your entry to next year. The race has yet to be determined but will most likely take place the last weekend of June in 2021. You will be automatically registered for next year’s race.
- Full refund of your race entry. Please allow four to six weeks for refunds, as there is some administrative work that needs to be completed. For those that registered through RunSignup via credit card, there is no refund of the $4 processing fee."
I hope you are all enjoying these warm days and running as much as you can. Stay tuned for more information on our website and Facebook page.
Thank you all for your understanding and we hope to make 2021 our best race ever!
Registration fees (plus processing)
Through March 27: $55
March 28-June 26: $60
June 27: $70
Through March 27: $30
March 28-June 26: $35
June 27: $40
Offline registration option: Print this registration form and waiver and drop it by the library.
5K TEAM CHALLENGE IS BACK FOR A THIRD YEAR!
All teams must have at least five runners. Talk to your running buddies, your cross-country teammates, the neighbors you see out pounding the pavement first thing in the morning!After you have determined your team, the team captain registers first for the team event and pays total team entry fee ($25 per team member). The team captain will then provide each team member a link and password to register him or herself for the event, joining their teammates.